On 7 February 2017 Hungarian Public Roads and Budapest Közút Zrt applied for the funds available under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) for 2017. The CROCODILE 3 project is aimed at the deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems. The total eligible cost of the project is €2,095,202. Our company is entitled to 50% of the grant, 85% of which is financed by the Connecting Europe Facility and the remaining 15% (plus VAT) is financed from domestic funds. In accordance with the Directive 2010/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 on the framework for the deployment of Intelligent Transport Systems in the field of road transport, plus for interfaces with other modes of transport and the delegated regulations, the project is aimed at the functional development of a central traffic control system, with special emphasis on the development of the DATEX II nodes and databases, and further development of the National Access Point. Measures aimed at traffic optimization and traffic safety also remain a priority for the project. Preparatory works were completed in 2018, including the preparation of public procurement procedures and the drawing-up of technical documents, followed by the development of predictive traffic management plans and modelling. The project is already in its final phase.